A new Fortnite season means that there is a new set of weekly challenges that will be coming out each Thursday. This season is a bit longer than usual, which means that, unfortunately, these quests won’t be giving players as many experience points as before, at least for the time being.
You will receive 15,000 XP for each season quest you complete and each time you finish two quests, you’ll receive a Bonus Goal reward of 43,000 XP. This is definitely the way to go if you want to finish the Battle Pass.
Updated August 11, 2022, by Ashely Claudino: We update this guide each week to add the latest quests! You can find everything you need to know just below.
Since this first week of quests started off on a Sunday and there will be new quests each Thursday, it doesn’t officially count as week one but rather as week zero. Just like last season there are seven quests that you’ll need to complete, but don’t worry if a new week takes off, these won’t disappear until the end of the season in September. Here are this week’s quests:
- Interact with Sunbird or Moon Hawk and Rustler in a single match (2)
Sunbird, Moon Hawk, and the Rustler are all NPCs that you can interact with in Fortnite. You’ll have to visit the Temple landmark next to the Daily Bugle and Shifty Shafts in the same match to speak to two of these characters and finish the quest.
- Collect a Hammer Assault Rifle and a Two-Shot Shotgun in a single match
- Travel 2,000 meters in a Baller
The Baller is the hamster-ball-like object that’s been put back into the game. You can often find this item in the Rave Cave since it’s a party location, if you don’t have any luck there, and they’ve all been taken, you might want to try Loot Lake.
- Survive storm phases (10)
- Jump on a wolf or boar’s back in different matches (2)
You can now ride wolves and boars in-game. To do this you’ll have to tame them first, however. You’ll first have to get some meat, vegetables, or fish, and then all you have to do is find one of these animals and throw the item near them. Small question marks will appear over their heads as they analyze it and that’s your chance to quietly approach them and press the ‘Ride’ button
- Visit Groovy Grove, Reality Falls, and Rave Cave
- Plant or Summon Reality Saplings using Reality Seeds (3)
Reality Seeds can only be found in Reality Falls. You can harvest Reality Saplings that appear on the map which will often drop a Reality Seed, or you can break the glowing purple plants so that they’ll release their seeds. Then, throw a seed from your inventory to plant a tree.
The first week has officially started, so from now on each Thursday you’ll receive a set of seven new quests that you can complete until the end of the Season. Our guide will help you find everything you need to find and get through all the tasks that Epic Games have decided to throw at us.
- Damage opponents with a DMR (200)
- Collect Reality Seeds (3)
You’ll have to collect three Reality Seeds for this quest, which isn’t too difficult if you know where to look. We’ve written a guide on where to find and how to use Reality Seeds if you’d like to learn everything there is to know about this new mechanic.
- Dance at different crashed IO Airships (3)
- Gain shields by bouncing on Slurp Bouncer Mushrooms (10)
Slurp Bouncer Mushrooms are spread all across Reality Falls, around the Reality Tree. They’re tiny, but large enough to allow you to jump on them. Each time you jump on one of these mushrooms, your shield will increase by 15 points. Jump on ten mushrooms with a low shield to complete this quest.
- Mod a Whiplash with Off-Road tires and a Cow Catcher, then destroy structures (50)
- Visit the Zero Point in a motorboat
The Zero Point has changed constantly throughout the last few Fortnite seasons, and for now it’s in Loot Lake. You’ll have to go down there and grab yourself a motorboat. Then, you’ll have to ride it through this specific spot in order to finish this task:
- Search chests at Condo Canyon or Tilted Towers (5)
The Grapple Glove has been added to the game – it works just like Spiderman’s Spiderwebs last Season. If you use this item, you can freely swing around from place to place. This week’s quests include the new Grapple Glove, so that means that it’ll most likely be around until the end of the Season. Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- Swing 50 meters or more with the Grapple Glove without touching the ground
This challenge has been put into the game before, but with Spiderman’s Spiderwebs instead of the Grapple Glove — it’s exactly the same, however. You’ll have to swing from one place to another without touching the ground. Finding a place with lots of trees or buildings is the easiest way to do this, so you might want to consider Reality Falls or Coney Crossroads.
- Launch into the air using geysers (3)
This Season’s geysers have been put on the map. They are most commonly and abundantly found near Reality Falls, although there are a couple more near Greasy Grove. If you’re on top of a geyser when it’s about to shoot water into the air, you’ll be able to glide. Do this three times in order to finish this task.
- Headshot opponents with the Two-Shot Shotgun
- Boost into a Runaway Boulders and dislodge it with a Baller
There are Runaway Boulders all over the map — it’s a new way of damaging your opponents. You’ll have to collect a Baller near Loot Lake or Rave Cave and then ride it into one while using the Baller’s boost. There are boulders around Rave Cave, so you won’t have any trouble getting near one.
- Eliminate enemy players with ranged weapons of Epic rarity or better (2)
- Pick weeds around Reality Saplings (5)
Reality Saplings will grow weeds around them over time. You will have to pick five weeds to complete this quest. You can easily get through this by landing near Reality Falls, since it’s where most players will plant their Reality Seeds — you’re not limited to only picking your Sapling’s weeds.
- Enter the wind tunnel in a Baller at the Screwballer
Snap quests this week require you to complete weekly challenges in order to receive your rewards and assemble your own action figure. This means that if you want to collect all the most recently added parts, you’ll have to complete week zero, one, two, and three’s quests. So, it’s best to get down to business right away. Here are your new quests for this week:
- Reach max shields at a temple
You’ll only need to visit one temple for this task, you can either visit The Ruins, southeast of the Daily Bugle, The Temple, north of the Daily Bugle, or Temple Bloom, west of the Joneses. Go to one of these landmarks and get to 100 Shield.
- Impulse an enemy player with a Shockwave Grenade
- Damage opponents within 30 seconds of getting out of the water (75)
Thankfully, you can complete this quest on any type of opponent, which means you can easily get it done on the loot shark in Loot Lake. Although it’s entirely possible to damage enemy players, it’s a bit harder given the specific circumstances.
- Dislodge or destroy Runaway Boulders with a melee weapon (3)
- Headbutt an opponent while riding a boar
Boars and wolves are all over the place now, given how useful they can be with the new riding mechanic. To complete this quest, you’ll have to get yourself a boar and run into an opponent to headbutt them. If you’re not sure how you can tame a boar, here’s our detailed guide.
- Get three seconds of air time in a land vehicle
- Jump off a diving board (3)
Loot Lake is where you’ll want to go for this quest since it’s the only location on the map where you’ll be able to find diving boards. So, head down there and jump off a diving board three times to finish this quest.
Over a month has gone by since the start of this new Fortnite Season. As we enter this fourth week of weekly challenges, it gets more exciting to be able to unlock Battle Pass skins, especially since their bonus styles have finally been revealed. You’ll have to get tons and tons of XP to reach level 100 and start accessing them, so you better get down to business.
- Search chests or ammo boxes at crashed IO Airships (2)
- Mantle onto an edge within three seconds of sliding (3)
Find a location that’s not too high up, so that you can directly jump onto it and after sliding since you only have three seconds to do this. You will have to do this three different times to complete the quest
- Damage opponents while in a vehicle (250)
- Knockdown timber pines with a Ripsaw Launcher (5)
The Ripsaw Launcher has only been added to the game this week, and it looks like it’ll be around until the end of the Season. This new item is a great way to destroy other players’ builds, but that’s not all — you can also knock down tall timber pines with it. Just throw it directly onto the timber pine, and it’ll come down without any effort at all. Do this five times to finish the mission.
- Travel 500 meters in the slipstream around Rave Cave
- Destroy structures with an E-11 Blaster Rifle (15)
There are five Imperial Docking Bays on the Battle Royale map, and each bay has a few chests with Star Wars weapons inside — the E-11 Blaster Rifle.
You can find one of the stations between Seven Outpost II and Logjam Lotus, there’s another north of the Shell or High Water landmark, one on the Dirt-Cut Circuit, south of Coney Crossroads, and, lastly, you can find one on the Perch, just east of the Joneses.
Once you’ve collected the weapon, destroy 15 structures with it. And don’t worry about wasting ammo — this weapon doesn’t require any ammo, and it’ll just overheat if you shoot it for too long and then cool down.
- Plant a Reality Seed at Sunflower’s Sapling or at Fungi Farm
Port-a-Forts have made it back into the game, and it seems that you won’t be able to go this week without using one, as they’re part of a couple of weekly missions. You’ll also have to try out a new weapon that has also been added to the game and replaced the Combat SMG.
- Collect a Port-a-Fort and a Ripsaw Launcher in a single match
- Collect floating rings near Reality Falls (5)
There are blue floating rings all over Reality Falls. Go to this POI and explore the place to find five of them; it’s not too hard since they do blue slightly. Simply walk through them to collect them.
- Deal DMR damage to opponents from above (500)
- Deploy a Port-A-Fort and deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds (50)
You can easily complete these two quests at the same time since the Port-A-Fort is a great way to easily get high ground. Then, all you have to do is damage nearby players.
- Deal damage to opponents within ten meters with the Charge SMG (500)
- Destroy giant mushrooms with the Ripsaw Launcher (8)
Greasy Grove is the ideal location for this quest since it’s been completely taken over by giant mushrooms. They’re all over this POI, so as soon as you get yourself a Ripsaw Launcher, go over there and start launching it at the giant mushrooms.
- Visit Reality Falls, Tilted Towers, and Shuffled Shrines
This week has some interesting new quests to take on. You’ll be harvesting Reality Saplings, breaking Reality Pods, getting some Exotic goods, and jumping around using the Grapple Glove. It’s a fun way to mix up your gameplay, so let’s take a look at what you’ll have to do.
- Break open Reality Seed Pods (3)
- Deal damage to opponents with Rare or better Assault Rifles (1,000)
Rare rarity weapons will glow blue on the ground and appear with a blue background in your inventory. Deal 1,000 damage to opponents with Rare weapons, Epic (purple), or Legendary (gold), to complete this quest.
- Land headshots from 40 or more meters with the Hammer Assault Rifle (5)
- Purchase an Exotic weapon from a character
There are five exotic weapons that you can obtain on the map by talking to NPCs.
|Kyle at the Chop Shop landmark||Chug Cannon|
|Cuddle Team Leader at the Rave Cave||Marksman Six Shooter|
|Sunbird at the Temple||Shadow Tracker Pistol|
|The Visitor at Launchpad||Boom Sniper Rifle|
|Jonesy the First at the Joneses||The Dub|
- Pick a legendary or mythic fruit from a Reality Sapling
- Use a Baller, a zipline, and a geyser in a single match
It can be difficult to complete this quest, since you’ll have to get to all of these in the same match without being eliminated. Getting to a Baller is the best way to do it since you can travel quite fast in it. Grab a Baller at the Rave Cave, then go down to Reality Falls to jump from a geyser, and then, after using the geyser, glide over to Greasy Grove to catch a zipline.
- Use the Grapple Glove to catch a zipline while airborne
This week’s quests are pretty easy, since you will be able to do them simply by playing the game — they’re not as specific as some of the quests that have been released before. You’ll be destroying structures, damaging opponents, and throwing consumables — nothing too out of the ordinary.
- Crack opponents’ shields (3)
- Keep the first weapon you collect in your inventory until you reach the top 20 players
This quest can be pretty easy if you don’t accidentally ditch your weapons. The best way to do this is by either getting any gun and camping until you reach the top 20, or harvesting a high rarity Reality Sappling to get yourself a powerful weapon from the get-go, maximizing your chances of surviving with it in your inventory.
- Deal damage to airborne opponents
- Perform an aerial 360 spin while dismounting a wolf or boar
Though this may sound like an actual trick with an in-game animation, it’s not. To perform an aerial 360 spin while dismounting an animal, all you have to do is double-click the jump button/keybind to dismount jump from it and then rotate your camera 360 degrees. Increasing your sensitivity will make this much easier.
- Throw different consumable pickups in a single match (3)
- Stop the music at the Rave Cave (3)
At the Rave Cave, there are three large music speakers in front of the dance floor where you can see the NPCs emoting and having fun. Destroy these three speakers to stop the music at the Rave Cave. The NPCs will keep dancing so don’t worry about spoiling their fun.
- Destroy structures with a Baller
With only about a month and a half to go until the end of the Season, completing weekly quests is now more important than ever if you’re looking to finish the Battle Pass before it’s no longer possible. This week you’ll have to deal damage to your opponents under very specific circumstances, so it’s time to get creative.
- Damage an opponent with a vehicle within five seconds of honking
- Deal explosive damage while looking away
Although it may sound like an odd quest, what you have to do is exactly what the description tells you to. Damage an opponent using an explosive while looking away. This means that you either have to throw a grenade, or activate remote explosives and then face another direction as it explodes.
- Damage an opponent with a weapon obtained from fishing
- Destroy five structures with a single shot of the Ripsaw Launcher
- Find the coolest player on the island
This quest is much more wholesome than you’d probably expect. If you’re going around talking to NPCs, trying to find the coolest player on the island, you won’t have much luck, because it turns out the coolest player is you. So, all you have to do is go into a bathroom in the game and look in the mirror, looking back at yourself and coming face to face with the coolest player.
- Make opponents dance with boogie bombs (3)
- Throw a fish in the water
You can catch tons of different fish in Fortnite using the fishing rod, and they work just like any consumable, you can throw them so your fellow teammates can catch them. Instead of doing that, just throw one fish into a body of water.
This week’s quests are pretty straightforward, and you can do them almost anywhere on the island, so you won’t have to worry about going to any specific locations. However, you shouldn’t run into too much trouble doing these.
- Deal damage to opponents while riding a wolf or boat (500)
- Gain shields while emoting
You can’t emote while you drink Small Shields or Big Shields, so any type of consumable shield regeneration item is no good here. For this quest, you’ll need a Shield Keg. Throw down the Shield Keg once you’ve found one and then emote while it restores your shield.
- Collect seeds from Reality Seed Pods before they stop bouncing (3)
- Bounce on three separate crash pads without landing
Crash pads will naturally spawn as floor loot, but there are a bunch of crash pads near the Mighty Monument landmark, east of Sanctuary, if you don’t want to wait and try to look for them. When you jump on them, they’ll provide a boost that will send you pretty high into the air. All you have to do here is jump from crash pad to crash pad without touching the ground. Do this three times, and you’ll complete this challenge.
- Hold a Charge SMG at max charge for three seconds, then damage an opponent
- Plant or summon a Reality Sapling 30 or more meters away from yourself
For this quest, get a Reality Seed and throw it as farther away from you as you can. Building up stairs is a great way to create distance between yourself and the seed.
- Open chests at Tilted Towers in a single match (3)
This one is also pretty self-explanatory. You’ll need to open three chests at Tilted Towers in a single match. Seems easy, but chests get looted quickly. Aim for a more isolated part of the map to complete this quest.
Although some of this week’s quests are as simple as can be, some of them make up for it by being quite challenging. For example, you’ll have to go around the map looking for specific items to jump on, and you’ll also have to damage opponents following a set of rules.
- Travel in a Baller while on water (500)
- Damage an opponent with a DMR without aiming down sight (100)
The DMR is a long-range weapon with a scope so it’s much easier to use it while aiming down sights, however, you’re going to have to deal a total of 100 damage to opponents without ADS. Thankfully, you can do this challenge on any opponent so you might want to do this on a Loot Shark or a Stormtrooper.
- Drop the Hammer Assault Rifle
- Damage opponents within ten seconds of dashing with a Zero Point fish (100)
Even though the Zero Point Fish is an Epic-rarity item, it will be nearly inside every ice box in the game so be sure to search those often. Once you’ve found one, you can consume it and for a few seconds you’ll have the ability to dash if you double press the jump button. Then, simply deal 100 damage to an opponent within ten seconds of using its dash.
- Bounce on a crash pad, a Bouncy Slupshroom, and off-road tires in a single match
- Eliminate a player with the first shot from the Prime Shotgun
- Damage ten different objects with one spray of the Charge SMG
You have to press and hold down the fire button to charge the Charge SMG, if you hold it down until it’s maxed out, you’ll empty out its charge completely. Find a spot with many objects nearby (suburbs are great for this) and then move around as you shoot the SMG to damage a total of ten objects.